We desire to see:
- People of all ages demonstrating improved physical, mental, and social wellbeing
- Individuals and families thriving and experiencing a sense of belonging
- Children and youth becoming active, engaged and healthy
- Individuals and families being supported as they reach to achieve their full potential
- Diversity and social inclusion respected and fostered
- People working together to strengthen the foundations of community
- Leads, partners, and advocates in order to strengthen the foundations of local and regional communities
- Values the diversity of all people
- Fosters equality of opportunity for all individuals and families in our communities
- Promotes holistic health & well-being
- Cultivates future leaders by promoting volunteerism
- Encourages philanthropy in all we do
- Demonstrates our value and collective impact
To this end, we have defined values which are promoted and honored by RECC staff and volunteers alike!
People Focused: We will demonstrate respect, fairness, compassion and great customer service to our members and the public so they have fun and want to come back!
Safety and Security: We will have policies and processes in place to guarantee a clean, safe, and secure environment within our facility.
Excellence: We will deliver high quality, inclusive programs that promote health, wellness, and lifelong learning.
Integrity: We will be honest, transparent, and collaborative in all our interactions.
Sustainability: We will have a business strategy in place that includes maximum efficiency and effectiveness for continued growth.Certified LEED SILVER:
Since the early planning stages of the RECC, environmental stewardship, sustainable design, and the need/ability to reduce the facility’s "carbon footprint" have been top priorities. The movement towards "green" buildings is a responsible path that can yield both environmental and financial benefits, particularly in regards to long term operating costs. Desiring these benefits every effort was, and continues to be, made in ensuring the RECC meets LEED ® SILVER Designation. Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing third-party verification that a building is designed and built using strategies intended to improve performance in areas such as energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts. The RECC is the first LEED® certified building in Central Nova Scotia.